Hello! Welcome to my fiction blog. This website mostly functions as a workshop for my stories and writings, as well as a hub for my complete, incomplete, and serialized work. You’ll find writing of all sorts here.
A new post is guaranteed every Thursday, however, often I will post more frequently.
(As curated by me)
(Novel. Currently on hold.)
I personally recommend starting with my current project, The Solune Prince. You could also try the first draft of Alice and Finch, it’s more conventional; it’s an easier read. It hovers awkwardly around YA and fantasy. You could also browse the short stories, or poems, or, you may choose to find your own way via the Table of Contents, or the most recent posts.
Nearly all of my content is set in the semi-fictional world of Dawngale. So far it seems to be localized in the Solune Kingdom and the Plainkind Desert to the west, although Span takes place in the N’Tarial lands, and The Solune Prince is to be set primarily in the Lussa City.
(As of 10.01.2018)
- Writing the third draft of The Solune Prince, now a bi-weekly+ serial!
- “I’ll figure it out.”
- Taking a two-semester Creative Writing course. I’ll post my work here when I can!
- Planning and outlining a small-scale chat/exploration based video game.
- Currently running with Flash, ActionScript…more coming on this project in 2019, but so far so good.
- Actually improving my planning and drafting abilities—and writing, of course.
- Working on writing stories that keep the mind tuned in; to be engaging! In the words of Cicero: “Teach, delight, and move.”
- Planning The Second Draft of Alice and Finch. (Serialization planned for the new year, 2019)
- Improving visual arts
- (Gesture, line art, and skeleton-guidelines among other things)
- Improving my literary criticism abilities. (Primarily via the study of Structuralism, Mythical Patterns, and Archetypes.)
Please note that a lot of links to my Instagram went dead when I changed my handle to match my Twitter and Facebook handles. I should be now be @DaniellTriumph on all three platforms, thanks!